USMLE Step 2 CS Lecture Notes 2018: Patient Cases + Proven Strategies
(Kaplan USMLE Step 2 Cs Prep) (Kaplan Test Prep) 1st Edition
With dozens of exam-like cases, Kaplan's USMLE Step 2 CS Lecture Notes 2018 gives you the guidance you need to excel on this "hands on" section of the boards.
In USMLE Step 2 CS Lecture Notes 2018, you'll get step-by-step advice on how to master essential patient care skills so you can complete all 12 of your cases efficiently. Time management is key on the CS exam, and our test-like cases help you get comfortable gathering patient information, performing physical examinations, and communicating findings so that you can ace the test.
- 30+ exam-like cases on frequently tested patient scenarios
- Strategies for articulating the differential diagnosis and ordering appropriate diagnostic studies
- Techniques for mastering the standardized patient encounter
- Time-management strategies to help you get more points in less time
- Step-by-step guidance for taking patient history and performing relevant physical exam maneuvers
- Advice for organizing the Patient Note from Kaplan's medical experts
- Kaplan's Learning Engineers and expert psychometricians ensure our practice cases and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How is this book organized, how should I use it to study?
This book includes 30+ exam-like cases of frequently tested scenarios. Use it to understand concrete steps for taking a patient history, performing a relevant (focused) physical exam, and organizing/writing a patient note.
2. What sets this USMLE Step 2 CS book apart?
This book includes an expanded guide of common diagnoses, with relevant history and physical findings, plus the appropriate tests to support a diagnosis.
3. Does this book have sections dedicated to strategy?
Yes, there is a strategy section that walks you through the steps for optimizing time and gathering data efficiently.
4. Can I use this book as my only study resource for the exam?
Yes, you can use this book as a stand-alone review book or alongside a Kaplan course.
5. How does Kaplan ensure its Step 2 CS content is aligned with the official exam?
Our educators keep a close eye on all USMLE content changes and format updates. We also have years of experience teaching in medical schools and clinical practice.
Series: Kaplan Test Prep
Paperback: 348 pages
Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; 1 edition (February 6, 2018)