The APhA Complete Review for the FPGEE 2nd Edition 2019
by Bradley A. Boucher (Author, Editor)
The FPGEE (Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination®) is the tallest hurdle for graduates of foreign pharmacy schools who wish to practice in the United States. With a pass rate that is under 60%, the FPGEE is a daunting 5½ hour, 250-question exam that tests a wide range of knowledge in four major areas of pharmacy education:
- Basic biomedical sciences (21%)
- Pharmaceutical sciences (29%)
- Social/behavioral/administrative pharmacy sciences (15%)
- Clinical sciences (35%)
Preparing for the FPGEE by reviewing all the material from each of your pharmacy school courses can be overwhelming. A far better approach is to study only the information most relevant to the exam, with the key points summarized in abbreviated bullet format. That’s exactly what The APhA Complete Review for the FPGEE, 2<sup>nd</sup> Edition contains.
Completely revised an updated, the second edition of The APhA Complete Review for the FPGEE is a one-stop compilation of pharmacy knowledge and serves as a premier resource for successfully passing the FPGEE on your journey being eligible to take the NAPLEX and MPJE exams, and becoming a licensed pharmacist in the U.S.
- Nearly 600 review questions: All 30 chapters end with approximately 20 practice exam questions and answers, plus explanations that reinforce key learning points.
- Key Points section: A Key Points section summarizes the contents of each chapter in abbreviated bullet format.
- Test-taking tips: Peter A. Chyka offers invaluable advice on studying for and taking the FPGEE.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION:
- All chapters have been completely revised and updated.
- New questions enhance and expand the scope of exam preparation.
- Study Guide Checklist and additional resources in each chapter supplement and reinforce the material.
- New chapters cover Fundamentals of Pharmacy Practice; Clinical Pathophysiology; Toxicology; Health Promotion, Prevention, and Population Health; Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutic Decision Making; Economic and Humanistic Outcomes of Health Care Delivery; and Clinical Pharmacogenomics among other topics.
Paperback: 550 pages
Publisher: American Pharmacists Association; 2nd edition (August 1, 2018)